HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

squiking suspension

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tuff187
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: squiking suspension Reply with quote

my f$#%ing suspension is squiking and its had the ball joints replaced which were squiking b4 nows its doin it again...(1 month later) whats causing this?? its sounds like its coming from the front drivers side sumwhere...

very anoying!!
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: squiking suspension Reply with quote

drive the car onto a large piece of timber or similar (say 100mm high and a 30cm wide) stick your head under the sill behind the wheel and/or from the front under the bash panel and have someone bounce on the car... or alternatively park with one wheel on a high gutter... which is probably the easier option...

Listen for the squeak to get an idea of the general area... I'd suggest grabbing the grease gun and greasing the balljoints and tie-rod ends, if you have PU suspension bushes, give them a good greasing and do a quick spanner check on all fasteners...
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: squiking suspension Reply with quote

put a little grease on the stub axle where it sits near the disc backing plate. they rub sometimes there as the arm moves up and down. Mine does. Thats with a totally rebuilt front end and greased up too.

Cheers
Mooch
www.geocities.com/mygemi
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: squiking suspension Reply with quote

i worked out that mine was the shockies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: