HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Steering problems

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:19 pm    Post subject: Steering problems Reply with quote

My bad day continues. When i drive the piazza nd turn the wheel, i get a horrible screeching sound and it is becoming increasingly harder to turn the wheel. I just had the rack replaced 2000k's ago. WHat could be wrong? Someone mentioned something about a steering belt or something like that?
roz85
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Steering problems Reply with quote

Come on, someone must know whats wrong with my power steering? please?
Klown
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: Re: Steering problems Reply with quote

From the look of it you might need to tighten the power steering thingy up i dunno how but i did it to mine and now it dont make no noises. But dont take this advice seriously coz i probably am talking about the wrong thing...What you should do is try and find a gregorys car manual to what model your car is and that should show you how to stop stuff like that from happenin.
Draevon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Steering problems Reply with quote

There is a belt on your engine that runs the power steering. If the belt is slipping, it will make a squealing noise and your power steering wont work. So you're going to need to tighten the power steering belt. It shouldn't be that hard to find. If you're having trouble finding it, sit the car in idle and stick your head under the bonnet. Have someone reef the steering wheel from left to right a couple of times and it should start slipping and you might be able to find it ... maybe.

Šraevon
andy c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering problems Reply with quote

cv joints?? just a guess
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2002 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Steering problems Reply with quote

check the belt and also the power steering fuild too mabye???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: