HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

what sort of motor???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blutie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: what sort of motor??? Reply with quote

hi just joined-- wondering if you can tell me what type of motor is in my RB Its an import twin cam a picture in one of the Gemini clubs describes it as "the isuzu motor made for Lotus Elan" (ps its efi n/a and goes like hell). Ta!
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 1:37 am    Post subject: Re: what sort of motor??? Reply with quote

you sure its an RB? i didn't know they made RB's with good motors in them... or do you mean those weird isizu irmisher things? i saw one of those buzzing around canberra...

the only imports i know of are the JT gemini's which a bigger than RBs and some have mad 4wd turbo setups on them with twincam motors...

look on the block of your engine or in a manual or something to find out what motor it is, im not sure if the RB's or JT's have the G180w or g200w motors in them i think they are a different breed prolly a new motor cause the DOHC G series motors have been around for about 20 years now... getting a bit oldish
TuFf
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:42 am    Post subject: Re: what sort of motor??? Reply with quote

The RB's have a 4XCI Engine. The aussie version anyway.
TuFf
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: