HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Tacho dash install, tricky question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 1:56 pm    Post subject: Tacho dash install, tricky question Reply with quote

I just picked up a factory tacho dash and will be attempting fitment very soon. I can pull the oil pressure sensor off my (now defunct) wagon (they're the larger unit right?) so that's not a problem.

My question concerns the tacho drive. My old TX had a sender wire connected to the negative side of the coil. In my TF I have switched coil to that of a Shuttle Elec unit. I noticed a connector hanging off the neg side, which I am assuming is the Shuttle tach drive.

I read (by searching) that the tacho drive is already built into the Gemini loom. If this is the case, the dash will fit straight in. Can anyone give me some clues as to where the tacho drive comes from in a TF? I don't have a Gregory's manual for the TF (only TX..) so I can't trace it myself.

Otherwise I will be forced to run a line myself.
Anyone give me some clues?
Thanxamillion
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Tacho dash install, tricky question Reply with quote

all the wiring is there.... just plug it in and it'll work.
the oil sender wire should still be taped up near all the wires for your temp/oil/dist/carby.
p.s. the short female terminal is the power for the a/c unit!
hope that helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: