HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Fuel Pumps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:51 pm    Post subject: Fuel Pumps Reply with quote

Hey, just wanting to know the difference between the TX and TG (I think, '84) fuel pumps.
If I put a tx engine into this '84 sedan, what do I actully have to do with the fuel pumps? Will the tx coupe fuel tank fit in the sedan, or what do I have to do to get the existing tank working with the older engine?

thanks for all your help
zep
ExGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pumps Reply with quote

You will need to fit the electric fuel pump out of the TX tank to the TG tank as TG ran a mechanical pump on the side of the head.
pig75
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pumps Reply with quote

go 2 the wrecker & by a fule pump off a early mazda 929 then mount the pump in the engine bay & wire it up. easy
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pumps Reply with quote

thanks for that..
i'll try figure that out :S Very Happy
I'm sure the dude who is helping me with the transplant will be able to work it out..
thanks, zep
td gem now tg gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pumps Reply with quote

the head on the t motor should have the template for a mechanical fuel pump on it.....drill it out and use the tg mechanical fuel pump on it....thats wat i did
cheers
dave
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pumps Reply with quote

thanks, thats dosen't sound too hard...
tho, drilling... :S
im sure i can figure it out
Steven
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pumps Reply with quote

you can drill out head casting, but difficult to keep filings out of motor, and mount a mechanical pump. Purchase an electric pump from repco, peps etc and mount either in boot (noisy option) or under floor near diff (watch clearances).
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Fuel Pumps Reply with quote

is it easy to attatch to the original '84 petrol tank and get it all working and shit? steven, your idea seems good, just need a bit of detail on the process if you don't mind.
thanks heaps
zep
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: