HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

whats wrong with my car?????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:13 pm    Post subject: whats wrong with my car????? Reply with quote

How's it going everyone,
My car has been going awesome lately but today it's been fucked. When I rev to take off, the revs drop back straight away and i took off at the lights today and as soon as i let go of the clutch and accelerated, the thing nearly stalled. It is blowing smoke out the back too. I checked the oil, coolants and stuff and that was fine. Then i took off the air filter and put carby cleaner through the carby and it kept blowing smoke, like it did when i was driving (i know it will blow smoke if you spray carby cleaner in it) but it kept doing it. I held the accelerator braket down as if i was accelerating with the engine turned off and there was just smoke coming out of the throats of the carby.
Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers,
Mat
MRS_GEMI
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:23 pm    Post subject: Re: whats wrong with my car????? Reply with quote

rings? tune up?
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: whats wrong with my car????? Reply with quote

I just got the carby re jetted about 2 weeks ago and serviced it a few weeks before that Sad
Steven
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: Re: whats wrong with my car????? Reply with quote

Check float level , check jets havent unscrewed
Blue TG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: whats wrong with my car????? Reply with quote

is ya hand brake on??
nah jks
i had this prob when i had a stock carb, when ya open the throttle there is a small pump that squirts fuel straight down no. 1 primary, if this is blocked, u cant take of under like 2-3 grand. just pull the pump out (just a black squishy thing with leather on the other end) check that its ok, if that doesnt do any thing then u might have to pull the actual mister out and unblock that. as for the smoke... thats what hot fuel does! id say all ya smoke is proble rings
hypaTG
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: whats wrong with my car????? Reply with quote

how much does it cost to replace the rings?
Soop
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 5:49 am    Post subject: Re: whats wrong with my car????? Reply with quote

It sounds like your carby is out of wack in some way. Chances are its running too rich and causing all that smoke.

Black smoke from exhaust = rich

Blue/Grey Smoke = piston rings
Tex
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: whats wrong with my car????? Reply with quote

Dont pay someone to replce the rings, one weekend with a few mates and its done, its an easy task. Its even easier withe the engine out, but thats a bit of work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: