HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

1980 TE SLX Gem for sale

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AS

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:02 am    Post subject: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

Hi guys sadly im selling my Gemi which it kills me to let go. Im soon to advertise it in the trading post likely 2morrow, but thought to come by the Hot Gem site to show first. Find info below

1980 TE SLX Gemini
Modified G200 Rodeo motor. Oversized pistons, polished and balanced conrods,
Hardened and balanced crank, matched ported and polished head. Stage 2 cam (Modified). Electronic ignition, Twin 40mm Delorto webbers, exhaust system, stainless steel 4inch muffler.
Purple with Gold Pearl paint, relocated fuel filter, commodore door handles, pedders shocks, TG SLX bumpers,front and rear lights, lowerd. MR2 sport seats re-trimmed in black, smoothed fiberglass dash, Immobiliser, MOMO steering wheel, gearknob and pedals. 5speed manual, 7 months rego. Immaculate condition.
17inch chrome wheels 205/40x17 front & rear
JVC head unit, JVC amplifier, Sony speakers, Fusion subwoofer. Spent way heaps on it, selling $6200

On weekends u can call at anytime or on weekdays call after 5pm on 0416 103 544
leney SR20DET
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:03 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

wot u got done to the motor
AS

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

all done, stroked to at least 2.2.
4got 2 mention, im in the sydney area
PhilC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

got pics?
champo
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2003 5:04 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

Hey mate, Im probably only being a pain in the arse, but I just put a fully rebuilt g200 in my 1980 model te. I was just lookin 4 some advice, I got a 5 speed out of a tf in mine, and it doesn't seem 2 have much go compared to my old 4 speed, what gearbox r u running? and what sort of cam did you put in, and how did it go?
at the mo, my little girl is standard, except for it bein 40 thou over, weber carby (single downdraft)2.5" exhaust, extractors, and a decent ignition system. any help would be muchly appreciated, thanks mate.
AS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

ive put a 5speed rodeo box in. 4 speed is stronger than a s speed and has more at botto,. 5 speed is more for up top.
The cam is custom done. my brother is a supervisor at Subaru and does all this stuff. the cam is basically a stage and a half etc single carby for me in the begining wasnt enough for the rodeo motor. it held it back especially up top. run a set of duals or jet the single properly. there is heaps of stuff u can do with the motor but yeah hope to be of some help
AS

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

got one photo of the gemi. it going in the trading post i think in this thursday. the previous owner who i bought the car from had it in the hot 4's magazine. had different wheels and engine in it though and interior. i pretty much finished it off to bring it to a show car but not over done. if u wanna see a pic of it b4 it goes in the paper coz the paper will advertise it probably in b/w u can email me at angelus_1_1@hotmail.com
champo
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

thanks a heap mate, much appreciated. Did you find the doubles chewed 2 much fuel, what sort of economy u gettin?
AS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:15 pm    Post subject: Re: 1980 TE SLX Gem for sale Reply with quote

they eat up quite a bit mate. depends how u drive it though. if u r i the cuty they eat up heaps. better on economy on longer drives. i might only get 500km out of a fullt tank and the tank i got is a drop tank off a Torana so yea. I put my ad in the trading post last friday but it takes a week to go in so hopefully 2morrow on thursday its in there. u can check it out on the net with the photo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: