HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

blown head gskt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:59 am    Post subject: blown head gskt Reply with quote

well the gem was startin too shit me it wouldnt crank over this mornin and i thought it was the starter so i replaced that today and it did start but then same thing happened this afternoon it was like something was locking the engine up and stopping it from turning over.
after hours of endless searching we found that the head gasket had blown and the water jackets were filling the combustion chambers therefore pressurising and locking the motor. after we removed the plugs and kicked it a few times it spat water out of number 4.
just thought id fill u all in incase someone else has same prob.
Goose

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: blown head gskt Reply with quote

dude i so know what thats like!!!!
last wednesday, just after my final uni exam, went out to the car fired her up, and you should have seen the steam cumin from the exhaust!!!!!!!! checked the radiator, bubbles, oh yeah there were some bubbles!!!!!!

anyway, finally pulled her apart on sunday arvo, Number 1 had gone, cleaned up the actually head, and LUCKILY, oh so luckily, it didn't need to be send off to get machined!!!
so rang up the auto spares at 5 to 3, they were to shut at 3, but thankfully stayed open till i got up there 30mins later.

spent bout an 1hr on it monday nite, nother couple of hours or so and got her up and running!!!!! thank god!, had been crusin in my mates VS ute tho! not to shambie i must say.

all i can say is good luck, and have FUN!!!
- gOoSe
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: blown head gskt Reply with quote

I just did mine too!

Replaced the starter, battery, terminals, only to realise I'd blown the head gasket or cracked the head. Having my other (spare) head checked right now and should be bolting it on tonight.
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: blown head gskt $$$-? Reply with quote

FlyinLow. How much, did, or, are u going too pay for a new head gasket?
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2003 12:25 pm    Post subject: Re: blown head gskt $$$-? Reply with quote

i payed $51 for a top of the line high compression one
rod
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: blown head gskt $$$-? Reply with quote

i just payed 35 buks from thompsons
and its 32 buks at autobarn
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: