HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Strathfield Central Locking

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:25 pm    Post subject: Strathfield Central Locking Reply with quote

has anyone fitted on of those $28 central locking kits from strathfield into a gemini, if they have how hard is it, as i could get one of those or pay $280 to have one fitted, thanks Sam
peteymate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Strathfield Central Locking Reply with quote

I put one into my RB. It was pretty easy. Works good.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:55 am    Post subject: Re: Strathfield Central Locking Reply with quote

rb's are a little bit different
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:05 am    Post subject: Re: Strathfield Central Locking Reply with quote

well i just had a alarm system and central locking system in my car and i just took it all out to put in new gem wasn't too hard, just a shit load of wires but easy enough to hook up i think, drill a few holes for the central lockin arms and there ya go easy as that. wiring ofcourse has to be run by relays but i'm sure the kit would have all that.
cheers.
spud
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Strathfield Central Locking Reply with quote

i have put one of those kits in my tc coupe. took a while to find where i could put the solenoid without the window bits getting in the way, but once i found the right spot it was easy as pissing against a wall. all up took me less then 2 hours.
spud
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 5:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Strathfield Central Locking Reply with quote

works the same tho
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Strathfield Central Locking Reply with quote

dont be smart gene or i'll give ya a clip across the ear!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: