HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

' "Oxidizing!?" But my Gem has plenty of oxygen!'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trash_80
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: ' "Oxidizing!?" But my Gem has plenty of oxygen!' Reply with quote

Hey folks,

I recently acquired a 1980 TE Gemini, which requires a decent amount of bodywork done in the furutre.

I've done bodywork on cars in the past, but this has been mainly with doorframes, undersides, roofs and bonnets.

My particular Gem has signs of rust in the boot (something which I noticed was posted about a few times in relation to a fuel tank mod), and it also has rust coming up through the passenger and driver's floor.

I've seen the "out of sight, out of mind" trick on Willy's Gem site about the old wooden plank to cover it up, but seriously, apart from the side bodywork that will be done over time, what steps do I need to take to repair oxidation to the interior floor and the boot?

Is it possible to replace the panels that are rusted in the boot, or is it a plate welding / putty job?

If anyone's in the know on this (and I supposed there'd be a few of you considering that Gems tend to rust on the floor and in the boot), if you could give me some bodywork tips and what needs to be done, I'd appreciate it.

-Stuart B.

Blue 1980 Stock TE SL/X Gemini
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2003 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: ' "Oxidizing!?" But my Gem has plenty of oxygen!' Reply with quote

GRAB YA YELLOW PAGES AND LOOK UP RARE SPARES. THEY HAVE ALL THE RUST REPAIR PANELS YOU WILL NEED, PRESSED TO SIZE AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. ALL YOU WILL NEED TO DO IS CUT OUT THE OLD. WELD IN THE NEW! EASY AS!
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Re: ' "Oxidizing!?" But my Gem has plenty of oxygen!' Reply with quote

turn ya caps off
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: ' "Oxidizing!?" But my Gem has plenty of oxygen!' Reply with quote

i just brought another gemini and cut pieces outta that and oxyed them and a bit of bog and it cam up sweet. did the same wit the floor but watch out if you have that sound deadener shit on your floors coz it likes to catch on fire Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: