HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

KB 20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
73KB20

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: KB 20 Reply with quote

Hey fellas
Ive got a Chev Luv (KB20) and i've looked everywhere to try and find out. Wat i would like to know is does the early gemini's i.e TX, share the same engine as the KB20 (g161z/G161 dont know which) and does it also have the intake and exhaust on the same side. Any help would be much appriciated
Nick
Stock TE
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: KB 20 Reply with quote

The engine in these is a G161 (no z). Its a pushrod engine that came in the Isuzu Bellett GT. Detuned with a single carby and cast manifold (GT came with twin hitachi's/SU's and 4-2 extractors with a twin exhaust. http://www.luvtruck.com/ is similar to this site but about the Luv, but is based in America.
73KB20

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 3:51 pm    Post subject: Re: KB 20 Reply with quote

so do all geminis have G161 (no z) in them? Casue the stock american LUV's have 1.8l engines but the aussie version is only 1.6.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: KB 20 Reply with quote

haha cool. his LOV boddy rusted so he put a gemini boudy on to the 4x4 chassis!!
rock on
http://www.luvtruck.com/Gallery/DonnieChambers80RosevilleOH/airtime.html
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: KB 20 Reply with quote

The Luv engine is a G161 and the Gemini engine is a G161z (the Luv may have used this engine in a later model as well but not sure). I think they only released 1600's in Aus. In America the 1.8l you are talking about is a G180 (same block as the G180w) converted from pushrod to over head cam. Then the later model used the G180z (looks like a Gemini motor). I think this is right but it is fucken confusing.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: KB 20 Reply with quote

In the early '80's, it was sold here as the KB series Rodeo, and ran pretty much the identical motor to our beloved Gemini, and was available in 1.6lt, 1.8lt, and 2.0lt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: