HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 6:11 am    Post subject: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

ok i know this must sound stupid and like a newby question , but when you completely strip everything from your engine bay and interior, dash included, how do you know where it all goes back to... alsow what ifyour putting in a diff motor, say a fj or rotor etc, what happens to all thats stuff... Sam
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

i have pulle a few dash's and motor's out and found that
if you have a digi cam or a friend with one helps
so you can review the process that said the dash was easy
mainly one big wiring harness i've also found that if you have some spare cardboard boxes push the bolts in and name them (time consuming but woth the effort makes it hella easy to get the right bolts back0 or use glad clip seal bags and marke where the stuff comes from

zzz
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

yeh tahts sorta what i was thinking, cheers man, i got a dig camera
TheConverted
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

Do your self a favour and get a a work shop manual, if you can get a factory manual, gregory manuals are ok, but not very accurate.
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

definalty buy some of those sandwich bag thingys and lable em and chuck whatever you pull out into em. no matter what you do, when u put it back together you will still have half the bolts,nuts left over
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

on mine i just dumped it all in to a box, if it was to big for the box i put it int he corner of the shed. one big pile of "stuff"

lol

its a gemini. theres like 20 parts. its pritty obvios where the seat and steeringwheel goes...
and if the bolt fits, thats where it goes

Very Happy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

Yeah i did the whole sandwch bag thingo to my entire car. Took a bit of time but will make it much easier to go back together. Also on the loom where ever i unsnapped a connecter i put some tape on both connections and labeled em with say "a" goes to "a" and just used different letters everywhere.

CHRIS...
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 2:41 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

"and if the bolt fits, thats where it goes"

i agree with you there gene!

sam, i label everything i pull off with marsking tape and numbers. but as gene said, its not rocket science
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 3:11 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

with complex things u use zip lock bags and lable things
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

Gene, i think we have the same system, rip it all off and chuck it in coke crates, whatever doesnt fit, similarly goes into a pile of "bits".

a 10mm, 12mm and a 14mm will pull 99% of a gemini apart, the rest are 17 and 19mm lol. So you're tool kit doesnt need to be anything over the top. lol

have fun and if you get stuck find a wrecking yard with a gemi and look how it fits together.

cheers
mooch
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

amen
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

i think the most expereince i had was i went to u pull it one day for a cuople hours just taking stuff apart
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: COMPLETE CAR STRIPPING Reply with quote

a handy tool to have when working on a gemi is a "bent 12mm"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: