HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

help needed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: help needed Reply with quote

oh k, first off i am in the middle of bolting a draw through turbo setup on to my 1600, and i have come to a few problems:
1. once i bolted the dump pipe on i had a look behind it and there are two heater hoses coming out of the firewall which are way to close to the dump pipe, i dont know if any1 else has had the same problem but if u have then what should i do...
2. there are more but i need to put up pictures to explain what i am talking about....

but if any1 could help me with the first questiion that would be a great help..

cheers chris
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

if you dont use your heater then you could always bypass it at the manifold and then plug up the 2 holes in the firewall.
Otherwise I guess you could put a few layers of heat protective wrap around the hoses
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:13 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

i was thinkin about the heat wrap but i dont think it would be enough to stop the problem..

i know there are two other holes in the firewall just above the gearbox that i could use but the hoses want be long enough to reach back to the heater...

whats the worst that would happen if i dont use the hoses.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

nothing bad will happen if you take the hoses out and just run a little 1 from each spot on the manifold.. you just wont have a heater
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

yeah u just wont have aheater, thats all.
thermal wrap should help tho
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

a big fat defect will happen. You NEED to be able to use heat on your front windscreen to demist. This is for cars with factory heaters.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

why? when demistes use cold air?
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:01 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

my dimister uses the heater hot air
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

hmm, ok? wierd my silvia uses the a/c to demist

oh well
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

you can use either hot or cold
hot works best, but cold still works
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

see the thing is the inlet maifold i am using dosent have any connections for the heater hoses its really wierd.. i am going to get it looked at on friday/ saturday. if i dont figure it out ill post some pics of the inlet manifold and see if any1 has seen something like this b4 on a gemi..
cheers
EVL_GEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

if any1 has done these kinda turbo kits b4 and is willing to have a look at what i am trying to explain, then leave ur email address and i will send some pics
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

so where does your heater hoses go?? if they go nowhere, cut em off???
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

wouldnt the draw through turbo setup cause a defect first? unless it is a pre 1/7/76 gemini or it has had the $3000 epa test done on it (and passed) i wouldnt think that it wouldnt be legal in the first place. unless i am forgeting something.
Cheers
WFC
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2003 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: help needed Reply with quote

my a/c demister works almost instantly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: