HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Air Con

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Air Con Reply with quote

I just connect my air con again ive never used it properly cause it wont idle witht he air con on
if you driving its fine but when you come into a set of ligths or to a stop the revs just die the air con uses to many revs

is this meant to be like this or is there a fix???
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:33 am    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

The factory a/c wiring has a little black box with a switch labelled "auto" / "manual" and a small dial that can be adjusted with a straight blade screw driver.

What it does is turns the a/c off when the engine revs drop below a set rpm so the car does not stall. (i cant remember if it needs to be on manual or auto, so just experiment with both positions, the dial adjusts the rev cut off value).

Let us know how you go.

Matthew
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:38 am    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

cheers
where abouts is this little black box do you know ????
MissPinkGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

Thank God! I thought something was seriously wrong with my air-con. It's a pain in the butt turning it off at the lights cos it wont idle.
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 2:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

yeah thats it you come into an intersection and it just dies and i dont think turning it on and off is a good thing
so i stoped using it
i think tonight im gonna search for this switch
i will let you know where it is if i find it
OTD 079
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

Most "factory fitted" a/c units were actually after market items fitted by an external installer as far as I know, so the exact location of the box could be anywhere.

From memory, the gemini that I got my a/c unit from (TE) had the box was on the drivers side up under the dash. There should also be a dial that has temperature range like 1-5 somewhere. Just follow the wires as they all end up linking together.

Good luck.
Matthew
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

so tehre should be a temp range and also a manual auto switch
on the inside of the cabin

i will check it out tonight but knowing my luck i wont find it or it wont have it
MissPinkGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

yeah im probably lucky enough not to be able to find it. Its pathetic having air con, knowing its there and sweating your butt off cos its too difficult to use it!
MissPinkGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

yeah im probably lucky enough not to be able to find it. Its pathetic having air con, knowing its there and sweating your butt off cos its too difficult to use it!
MissPinkGemi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

Whoops I posted the above twice. Got distracted and forgot i'd already done it! Im blonde, Can be forgiven!
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Air Con Reply with quote

lol

well yeah im about to head of home from work soon and yeah gonna try and find this so called switch
not that it will make me use the air con more as it sucks so much power and it makes the car run hotter but we will see it may be different with this switch thing????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: