HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goldn
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:04 am    Post subject: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

Just finishing off piazza conversion in my gemi...

i have used a piazza engine that did have a piazza auto gear box fitted so i got rid of the auto have fitted fly wheel, custom clutch etc.... bolted a gemini 5 speed gearbox up to the engine, bolted the engine into the car but the gear box cross member (gemini one) doesent fit??.... it was my understanding that you should be able to use the stock gemini cross memeber?? any info on what other people have done with this conversion will help, please provide lots of details.....
TURBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

did u fit the 5 speed to a piazza flywheel and presureplate? coz the 5 speed doesnt fit on it and the 5 speed is a fair bit shorter than the auto so u cant hook it up to the gemini holes, u must make a custom bracket or a cros member as u call it.the shaft doesnt fit straight in to has to be modified and where is your shifter coming out from ? was the gemi manual? if it was the shifter and opening in the floor has to be modified.
elky
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

dunno bout gearbox mounts, i thought u must use the diesel engine crossmember and engine mounts to move the motor forward so the dizzy clears the firewall, then the normal mounts will do. I haven't done this conversion and am goin on what i have seen done.
cheers
TURBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

did u fit the 5 speed to a piazza flywheel and presureplate? coz the 5 speed doesnt fit on it and the 5 speed is a fair bit shorter than the auto so u cant hook it up to the gemini holes, u must make a custom bracket or a cros member as u call it.the shaft doesnt fit straight in to has to be modified and where is your shifter coming out from ? was the gemi manual? if it was the shifter and opening in the floor has to be modified.
TURBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

if you use the normal cros member u will have to fidle with the plates and brackets where the dizyy touches so it clears it.
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:23 pm    Post subject: Re: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

plates? dizzy touches what? fidle?

goldn, check your post in the r&d
beasty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

the dizzy cap hits you need to go to a van wreker and buy a a dizzy backing plate of a holden shuttel.With the box you need to buy 1 auto gem tail shaft and i manual shaft . and change the youk over. you need to make i inch adaptor plat to make the box mount in the factory holes i have done this conversion b4
rust3
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

iv done the 2.6L conversion and didnt have one of them problems. except the dizzy, but im running multi coils so i didnt need the dizzy cap. apart from that, the box bolted straight in and i used a standard 5spd tailshaft
goldn
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:58 pm    Post subject: Re: stuck doing piazza conversion help needed !! Reply with quote

Pizza Engine With Gemini 5spd petrol gearbox.

Gemini manual petrol gearbox cross memeber.

( not 100% sure about the engine mounts but they fit !!)

What i am after is someone that has done this conversion to tell me it they had the same prob and what they did to overcome it OR if they have done the same conversion and what engine mounts and gearbox cross member they used and did they fit or did they require modification?

( also the tail shaft does fit at the moment and i have moddified the fire wall to accomadate the dizzy so i dont need any of that info thanks..just info on the above )....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: