HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Attn: Gene - Pods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zep
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Attn: Gene - Pods Reply with quote

Hey,
I saw that pic of your door pods which you have made and fiberglassed to your door cards. Just wondering how you intend to cover them, are you going to use vinyl becuase that looks nice but might wrinkle around the contours of the pods? I'm planning on taking the same approach for front speakers, wondering how you're gonna do it.
cheers
zep
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Gene - Pods Reply with quote

the whole car is being/has been trimed by they the "trim king" (free plug brett) in blue velour.
im not doing it
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Gene - Pods Reply with quote

vinyl really isnt the hardest thing to contour around the bends of the pods. a little tip for ya, go down to big w and buy yourself a heatgun in the tool section for thirty odd bucks (make sure its the cylinderhead type) and with a little bit of heat on the vinyl, you can make it twist and turn and whatever the fuck you wanna do with it. this aint bullshit either. this is what i do for a crust so i know what im talking about. hope that helps mate. cheers
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Gene - Pods Reply with quote

i can curve vinyl easy mysslef
http://groups.msn.com/nismogemini/stereoinstall.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=30
and
http://groups.msn.com/nismogemini/stereoinstall.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=39

but im paying for it to be all done in velour now
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Gene - Pods Reply with quote

or a hair dryer 30 bucks left in the pocket
GEMTEC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Attn: Gene - Pods Reply with quote

yes thats tru, a hair dryer would work as well. but id rather go and buy the proper heatgun to save confusion with the guy at the counter. i for 1, im male, and also i havent got any hair to dry. it would be rather hunerous tho. :p
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: Attn: Gene - Pods Reply with quote

i used a heat gun, was to hot.

just lay it out in the sun for 10-15 mins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: