HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

decent extractors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NOPSI
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: decent extractors Reply with quote

what do you people use in the way of extractors? i mean what type and brand do you use? im in melbounre so any help would be appreciated. I dont mind spending a bit of money on a decent set of equal length 4 into 1's but i dont know where to look for a set. I dont really want the standard stock gemi ones. ideas?
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: decent extractors Reply with quote

pacemaker tuned length start at $250
genie and advance arent to bad either

i have run the genie and pacemaker but the pacemakers are tuned length and cost the same as the genies
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: decent extractors Reply with quote

I have gotten hold of a set of 'Motivator' extractors, i'm about to sand them back paint and fit them. So i'll let you know what i think once fitted, they're 4-2-1 'Try Y' though not 4 into 1. I got them second hand for $20, most second hand 4-2-1's go for around $50, the equal length 4 into 1 sets are around $100 second hand in decent nick. I dont think Pacemaker make a 4 into 1 design, only 'Try Y' but they're supposed to be a tried/tested/proven/trusted brand.
http://www.onautos.com.au/shop/pmkrholden.html

S N 3 A K Y
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: decent extractors Reply with quote

Dont bother with 4-1's unless you have an off its tits motor and dont plan on driving it under 3500rpm they are basically for drag or oval racing.
Tri-y's are better for bottom end and midrange.
S N 3 A K Y
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: decent extractors Reply with quote

Agree with you 100% there my crippled friend...

S N 3 A K Y
NOPSI
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: decent extractors Reply with quote

i seriously doubt it makes that much diffrence between 4-1 OR 4-2-1!
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: decent extractors Reply with quote

You'd be surprised
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: