HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TURBO SETUP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 4:55 pm    Post subject: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

My new turbo setup is complete, car will go on the dyno at the gem club dyno day, should be interesting.
currently it runs a high 14 sec 1/4 mile so i'm pretty happy considering there is a long way still to go.
view the pics at :
http://www.hotgemini.com/cgi-bin/gallery2.cgi?action=sv&vid=351

any comments appreciated, happy viewing.
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

very nice!
ya exhaust manifold gave me a woody!!

u have alot of time and money Razz hehehe

is that fiber cement on the under side of the bonet???
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

Me likes too!
How does it go?
What is the inlet worth? Did you use a rodeo/piazza runner etc?
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

nice job sheel i cant wait to see it on the dyno!
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

thanks guys, yes i spent alot of time and $$$ but i don't really go out or drink so yer...
gene its just a heatshield made from galvanised sheetmetal, its temporary i will be making a better looking stainless or alloy one soon.
and yeh it goes good so far i've beaten and /or kept up with a few v6 and v8 commo's and a few skylines, silvia's VLT's ect ect.
it goes pretty good but i still want MORE!!!
exhaust manifold is 40mm steampipe mandrel bends i made everything u see there in my garage.
and yer the inlet manifold uses piazza runners with the custom plenium.
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

I could just imagine how much i could have spent if i didnt drink or go out. I spend $200 every week on going out, plus sometimes on wednesdays and thursdays. So that is alot of money I have wasted:(
But I have had fun, and still have a turbo gemini in the garage so i guess it wasnt all bad.
SAM 180
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

thinkin bout making turbo manifolds for other people, if so how much do you think youd charge, ill be needing one for g180 DOHC soon, what state you in?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

$200 a wek! fuck that
i spend like $200 max once every 2-3 weeks at the most
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

That may be a slight exageration of every week, but I do spend it prolly every other week. I got lucky last weekend and went out friday night and spent $40, and then saturday satyed at a mates place for a bbq and got liquored for FREE. So that was good.
I just have no control and dont seem to care. I sold one of my geminis for $3100 and had a pile of $50 notes sitting in my room. I would always say "i'll just borrow $50 for tonight and then will put it back tomorrow". In 3 months I had $500 left, and nothing to show for it.
BlueTC
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: TurBOSS Manifold Reply with quote

Mate that 40mm Manifold is a nice look apparatus,

but is that like 40mm inside? thats like 1 3/4 headers,

thats gonna be like throwing skittles down a drain pipe,

nice lil setup tho,

Bloody Boozers!!

haha
SHEEL
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 4:11 am    Post subject: Re: TurBOSS Manifold Reply with quote

sorry sam 161 i'm not interested in doin any work for any one else. thank you for the kind gesture tho.

and blue tc, yeh i realise its a pretty big size for the primary runners, but the place i got the pipes from only had 40mm or 32mm, I actually found a place that sold 36mm pipe which would have been ideal, but unfortunately i had already half made the manifold. the upside is there will certainly be no restriction there at all, and that manifold would easily support up to 400 HP!!
not that i could get that power out of the old g series!
LOL.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: TurBOSS Manifold Reply with quote

Hey SHEEL,
How are ya?? Are you going to the SEGCC Dyno day on the 13th in dandy???

Also you said you have beten VLT's. Are they standard or have they had work done to them.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: TurBOSS Manifold Reply with quote

i would have went the 32mm
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: TURBO SETUP Reply with quote

Great work Sheel,

look forward to seeing you at the gem dyno run.. how's the drivability going...

cheers
Eggy
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: TurBOSS Manifold Reply with quote

hey Daniel, setup looks sweet man, shit u had it done pretty quickly, only seen ya a few months ago and u had a defect on it. Good to see for once someone talkin about a turbo conversion and actually having it finished with pic's and all. Good stuff mate, hope it all goes sweet for ya
cheers steve.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: