HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

pistons cut

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:13 pm    Post subject: pistons cut Reply with quote

ok I recently bought a g200 and when I pulled the pistons out they had cuts in them to stop the valves from hitting them(I think). Anyway what would this have been done for? I can't tell if the cam or the pistons are stock or not. Could it just be a lumpier cam?
Thanks
Phil
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: pistons cut Reply with quote

Fly cut pistons, Yes this is to clear large lift / duration cams that may allow ther valve to connect with the Pistons, The Cam should have a number stamped on the back end (not the Chain End) Get this number and post it on this site and someone may know the maker / model and as such help you out, this sounds like it may have had a serious cam, how was it to drive, did it idle below 900rpm? and were did it start making power? 3000+?
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 8:35 pm    Post subject: Re: pistons cut Reply with quote

ok, the thing is I haven't driven it yet, the guy before me got water everywhere so we to cleaned out all the crappy oil(It should be in my gem in a few weeks). I can't find a stamped number anywhere on the cam either.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: