HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

gemini engines!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IMDGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 5:55 pm    Post subject: gemini engines! Reply with quote

can any one help me i need 2 know wat engines fit into a te gemini wagon with out a enginerers certificate i was hopeing 2 go turbo prefreabaly a izuzu
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

hahahahahah
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

Hehe, thats funny. Good one Smile
IMDGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

well sorry 4 fucking asking its dickheads like u guys dat give geminis a bad name i was only trying 2 find out wat izuzu engines fit
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

i know how ya feel man, there are still a few guys on here that are dicks, but most are cool and will answer your questions, u just gotta ignore the crap replys
i asked this question a little while ago and i think this is what was said
1.6, 1.8 fit straight in
2.0 and 2.3? fit in but need the firewall modified,
2.6 needs different mounts i think.
i dont know how true this is but i spose its better than no reply at all
all engines that wern't offered as an option in the model of the car need a compliance plate.
dont qoute me on any of this cause as i said i dont know true it is

hope it helps
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

Unfortunately 'with out an engineers certificate' and 'turbo' just do not belong in the same sentence. Damn funny though, didnt think you were being serious.
Depending on what state you live in will depend on what you can get away with. About the biggest thing you can do without an engineers cert is put in a carby fed G200 motor which will bolt strait in. You can pretty much forget about putting any other motor in if you want to keep it legal and you will need an engineers cert if you want to go Efi or put a turbo onto a car that never came out with one factory.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

and then you need to consider weather 2l is what you really want, a 1.6 will go just as well with a little bit of work.

Hey are you in Penrith?? yellow gem, white plates?
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 1:31 am    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

Work a 2ltr and its going to be a shit load better than any 1.6
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

If you want a turbo on a car that never came with one standard then it has to be engineered. Touchy bastard. It doesn't matter if it's a Gemmi or not so fuck you, it's dumb shits like you who give gems a bad name. Look back on all the previous posts and just try to find ONE post that was posted by me that has anything derogatory or bad about Gemini's. I get shit off my friends all the time for LOVING Gem's. I'm one of the people who want to IMPROVE the name and reputation of Holdens little battler so think about whatever dumb shit it is that you were going to say before you say it !
IMDGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

sorry 4 dat out burst im new 2 da gem scene thanks 4 the help pete im from campbelltown and ive got a metalic green wagon wit fedreation plates fast gem and pete thanx 4 your help i think ill go 2l one more question wats a good price 4 a g200 ?
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

come on guys, were all friends here! (obvious exception being Rob!!!) ; )
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:35 am    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

1000? 2000? i couldnt see it being much more than that, in stock standard form. but 4 the extra money, id say look into the efi isuzu g200. Aparently they made them, but there hard to find.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 3:28 am    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

i'm pretty sure that no Australian sold G200 had efi. Japanese Piazza G200Zs were EFI.
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

True, true....
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: gemini engines! Reply with quote

hence: there hard to get hold of.
Go to an importers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: