HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

bad noises

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 5:10 pm    Post subject: bad noises Reply with quote

Hi, my accelerator spring came off and my engine was stuck at full throttle and started valve bouncing before i could switch the motor off. Now i get this dodgy loud metal rattling sound comming from my engine just between 3-4000 rpm - anyone know what this could be?
stevross

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 3:02 pm    Post subject: yeah me too (?!!) Reply with quote

I get that too, ('82 TF auto) but no idea what it is.
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: bad noises Reply with quote

could have stretched the timing chain this is only a guess but
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2001 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: yeah me too (?!!) Reply with quote

im guessing its the timing chain tensioner. that little nylon thingy. it broke on my mates tg and it started doin that.
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 1:23 am    Post subject: Re: bad noises Reply with quote

well my car is making metal rattling sounds but its from under the car and a guy said it could be one of the baffels in your exaust
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 3:50 pm    Post subject: Re: bad noises Reply with quote

My TF also makes camchain rattle noises, especially when the car isn't under full acceleration but under light load at 3-4000rpm.
Paul
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: bad noises Reply with quote

yeah i had that rattling metal noise b4 on my old 1.8L and it ended up being a shattered piston Sad
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2001 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: bad noises Reply with quote

You could have done some damage to your valve gear as well. Them cams and rockers weren't meant to rock THAT hard!

Good luck. You might want to take it to the doctors before you go ripping all the shit out, but take off your rocker cover and see if there's any broken bits in there - that'll at least let you know if it's the valve gear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: