HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

engine dilema

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wazza
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 3:05 am    Post subject: engine dilema Reply with quote

hey guys,
well the other nite my gem (stocko '84 TG) shit itself, and i have it on good authority its the bottom end, so now i have no transport, and am looking at getting a new engine. the only thing is im not entirely sure what to go for, im definately after a fair bit more power than my tired (now deceased) 1600, and i need it fairly quickly, so i was thinking something a bit bigger, like a 2L or mabye more, i just need to know what you reckon i should get, i wanna keep it to around $1000, but i guess i could go as high as $1500, and im a p-plater so im not relly after turbo, cos ive gotta be sensible (and i think its outta my price range, its's also gotta be an easy swap cos i dont wanna pay anyone to put it in, cos my uncle has a fair idea as he used to mess with em when he was younger..... so whats good for that kinda money that will gove nice results, oh yeah and im in perth so thats where its gonna need to be.
thanx in advance
wazza.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2001 6:11 am    Post subject: Re: engine dilema Reply with quote

wazza im in perth and i have two engines a 1800 and a 1600 both complete if your interested my phone number is 93315996 or email on gemini_v6@optusnet.com.au
Wazza
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 5:53 pm    Post subject: Re: engine dilema Reply with quote

thanx man, but it seems ive found a nice g200 to put in for an okay price, tgoing round to have a look at it this arvo, but ill give ya a ring if it dont turn out well.
cheers
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2001 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: engine dilema Reply with quote

okay dude but yeah they wil be here for a while
Wazza
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2001 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: engine dilema Reply with quote

well, i actually did end up getting that g200, and i should have the car back by saturday or sunday, and then i can finally start driving her again
neways. thanx for the offer
Wazza
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: