HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help This Girl Is Leaking. !!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sIick

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2001 3:19 am    Post subject: Help This Girl Is Leaking. !!!! Reply with quote

Guys. and if applicable chicks.. i need someone's help.. My gemmy's leaking oil majorly and i'm about to screw the motor unless i continually put oil in it like every hour or replace the rings & bearings but as u know replacing the rings & bearings aint the best or the quickest job around. Now I've got a manual 1.6ltr isuzu motor at the moment and i want to know about prices for rings & Bearings compared with buying say a recon motor or one from say trading post. ( but again i might be faced with the same problem of oil leaks and stuff. My engine had also water leaking but i replaced the radiator and water pump and that side of things works great

any help would be great

SIick
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: Help This Girl Is Leaking. !!!! Reply with quote

id definately say do the rings and bearings over buy a new one, unless its under warranty.
some people do really dodgy things to motors... and besides its not like a gemi motor is heaps complicated, do the work at home and itl be cheap as.
sIick

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2001 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Help This Girl Is Leaking. !!!! Reply with quote

yeah my thoughts exzactly just thought there might be another way but yeah i got a price quoted from brizzie auto spares ( nice shop ) $130 so that aint to bad!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: