HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

GEM IS DEAD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:31 pm    Post subject: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

who ever thought hiting just a gutter would right your gem off??? shit ay. $1500 damage just but running up a gutter. ssmashed mag, buckeled flood, bent everything in the right front steering, beant the pillar on front of the steering wheel. new paint and art down one side (thanks to the keep left sign that was on the side of the gutter).
im gonna clam insurence and buy it back and stripp it all and re do a new gem!! sweet. but no graphics this time!!!
any ideas on the colour i should spray it????
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

Nissan Pulsar Metallic Blue?

NOT TIGER MICA OR HACKETT GOLD!!!

VS commodore metallic green?

White, not artic sunrise, or any fancy colour, just 'white'.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

British Racing Green?

Or perhaps you could do a mockup of a ZZ/R. Or not.

Spewing you wrote it off - a bent pillar is pretty bad news though, so it figures. Hell, somebody ran up the back of my mate's TD sedan - just pushed the tail lights in a bit - sort of made the arse look 'grumpy'. That turned out to be a write-off - look sideways at a Gemini these days and they're a write-off. Not classic enough you see....

Not classic to SOME, I say...
Gemi_King
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

Man, thats bad news dude. I smacked my gemini into a gutter sideways at 70kmh when i was out with the drift kings. The whole right hand side of the car was fucked!! I done a quick and nasty rebuild for the drift comp in adelaide, but it was never the same so after a couple of burnout comps, we just dumped it outside of gemispares in adelaide and started fresh with a new one!! Smile
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:08 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

Shit, not good.

Grounds for council complaint? Was the giveway sign the cause for the accident? If so, complain your arse off. Personally I can't stand councils and such, especially ones that don't maintain roads as they should.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

hey gen
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 9:53 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

hey gene i reckon you build a sleeper gemini not a all out show stopper type thing but a street sleeper
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

Hey Adam watcha got against tiger mica - looks alright on my gem.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 1:12 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

I must have been pretty fortunate, in a manner of speaking, when I smacked my first panelvan into the gutter when I was being chased by the cops.

Instead of the usual 14" mags and fat 205 tyres, I had stockies and 155 tyres - pretty obvious why I was running that combination. Anyway, the johnnies spotted me hanging a corner - nothing outragous - just a squeally really, but they had some illusion that I was cutting the corner.

Being young, dumb and full of come, I tried to fang it home, some three corners away. When the second corner came around, I hooked it right, but the arse flew waaay out, bashed the gutter and forced me into a 180 spin. The gas was still down and I flew straight up a driveway near where I'd just hit the gutter, then ended up in this guys front yard.

The damage to the car was minimal - I needed a new stocky, new rear axle assembly and panhard rod - no panel damage and no other driveline damage. The cost was about $300, I recall.

The damage to my licence was worse - I did the offence while on my Ps, but then got my full licence while waiting for my court date. So I got it, then lost it and ended up getting a 6 month suspension and a $400 fine - the minimum penalty for the offence. Kept my Ps for another 12 months or so too.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

If he want a ZZ/R then he's gonna have to build a coupe!

ZZ/T stands for sedan. The coupes do look mad but.

the body kits on those japs ones were way better than what we were given with the zz/z's
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 4:38 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

In my suburb alone there are three (3) tiger mica geminis... it is becoming a little too common, like seeing a white corolla.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 5:51 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

That many huh? Definitely don't want any more then. Wish we could get all those closet gemmi lovers out of the woodwork and into a club. Maybe someone should organise a gemini only day here in Brissie and poke a flyer on the wind screen of every gem they see advertising it.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

ZZ/T = sedan ?? who told you that rubbish ??
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

Martin and Slug,

I have an jpg advertisement of a 1984 Isuzu Gemini coupe and sedan, and there's text on it including:

ZZ/R Coupe

ZZ/R Sedan

So Slug IS right, but what I want to know is;

What is the difference between a ZZ/R and a ZZ/T?

I have a feeling the ZZ/R was the 1800cc and the ZZ/T was the 2000cc - am I right?

Further to this, I have another advertisement, with photos of ZZ/R and ZZ/T, with sedans and coupes featured, but it is of too poor a quality to work out what badges are on what cars - and it doesn't have any non-Japanese text.

So, is ZZ/R 1800cc and ZZ/T 2000cc? If I'm right, it'll go straight into my nearly finished Gemini History, as soon as we get fucking MS Word back on my sister's fucked up PC!!!

Dave
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: GEM IS DEAD Reply with quote

if im right the ZZ/R WAS A 1800 TWIN CAM MOTOR and the ZZ/T was a 1800 twin cam turbo....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: