HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

shell 100

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: shell 100 Reply with quote

anyone ever used shell 100 (it comes in a red drum) on the dyno and track??
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: shell 100 Reply with quote

Yes is rebadged 100 LL. what do you want to know ??....Michael
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: shell 100 Reply with quote

We use it on all our racecars, or BP 100, or ampol 100, or or or... you get the idea, same shit, different barrel.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

Well, as of last tuesday the federal government banned the sale of bp100 here in sa as well as avgas out of bousers inti ur car. Now i have to get av in a 20l drum from the airport near me or bloody race fuel suppliers! pain in the arse. As of today there should be an answer as to what the next step is gonna be. I don't trust "octane boosters" at all.

This sux!
Adam
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

I dont see your problem ?? this has been on the cards for 2 years now. I actually like the idea of buying it from the local airport as the tanks are inspected and cleaned every 3 months. As for the next step well they are now testing lead free av gas I hear it about 12 months away Smile.... Michael
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:05 am    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

Don't see my prob? i get 300 kays to a tank and i do 600 kays a week. That's my prob. I can't keep more than 40 litres of flaible liquid at my place or our insurance, and almost all insurance compaines do this, is void. Even crash shops cannot keep more than 100 litres of flammable liquids on site. All pains are flammable, thinners etc, doesn't take much. They all must be kept in a flame proof cupboard. no one foes but thems the regs. hate to get audited.

It's just a pain in the arse. Lead free av is closer than 12 months, dad works for the gov. I dont get how the damn planes can use the shit right in the damn sky(where it does all the damage)and we can't use it down here.

Ah well.
That's life
cheers
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

well lead free avgas is available in wa but yeah.
does your cars run better on bp 100?? and does it make more grunt?
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 5:15 am    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

i have put 5 litres of pulp in it last week and it ran like a bag of shit. with bp100 it pulls to 6 nicely.
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

Guys relax there is not a problem mooch saturday night i took my car out as you know and that has 11.66.1 comp with 38 deg @ 3000rpm in the timing i have a 40 litre tank it was half full of av-gas knowing the laws on the fuel i tried a mix so I put half LRP and 2/3 of a bottle of NULON high performance octane booster which was to add another 7 points to the rating adam I know you say you dont trust the shit but really at the end of the day you have nothing to loose my car ran a little hotter that normal in the temp but fuk it ran sweet mate. well that was until you know what??? and adam they looked at the colour of the fuel as well mate and noted it down that it was a piss yellow looking colour and even asked me why the funny colour and told me that if the car was running on AV-GAS the fine is 10,000$ on the spot no court pay at the post office

cheers
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

Finally someone who is thinking with his head not his heart ... Michael
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

Come on now Mooch I thought you where a little smarter than that ... Dont give me the sob story on insurance and stuff, I dont want to hear it. Frankly you shouldnt be using leaded fuel on the road full stop. optimax will run very happy at 11:1. If you have a comp ratio higher than this (god knows why) then use an additive or lower the comp to 11:1 .... Michael
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

yeah i know. just having a winge! well, can't get optimax here in sa but i am gonna run PULP with that valve lube shit and an octane boosterm see how that goes. hey i'm italian we get a bit passionate bout stuff sometimes. well only bout our girls and our cars. hehe. ahwell, seeyas on the street.

don't get too worked up over it fellas.
ps i dare u 2, got those etails u were after mate. sms them to ya
Cheers
Adam
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 3:45 am    Post subject: Re: Damn Feddies Reply with quote

Thats ok Italian over here as well Smile... Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: