HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

drop tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viper gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 2:59 pm    Post subject: drop tank Reply with quote

im looking at placing a ford xp xm fuel tank in my boot as a drop tank as described in the workshop menu. Has any one succesfully done this with a good water proof seal
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: drop tank Reply with quote

Remember years ago a guy in the South Eastern Gemini Car Club put some sort of drop tank in his early model sedan. Not sure from what or how well it kept water out. He also put in another fuel filler flap in the drivers rear quater. Looked odd - on a Gemini anyway.
Don't see why you couldn't fit something between the rear rails. There's a few products on the market to help seal up any gaps where it might leak water. Would be good to remove the original tank and re-route the fuel filler neck to your drop tank, keep it looking stock outside. Good spot for a couple of 12's me thinks!
Viper gemini
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Re: drop tank Reply with quote

yere 12s sound very good to me thanks for that
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: