HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Wanted dash with stock factory tacho

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:30 am    Post subject: Wanted dash with stock factory tacho Reply with quote

looking 4 a dash with tacho for my TX. Prices and offers would be appreciated. I dont want to buy an aftermarket tacho as i want to retain my stock sleeper look.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted dash with stock factory tacho Reply with quote

You probably won't find one, but there's some food for thought.

Go find yourself a 1977 GD-model Chrysler Galant and go look at the dials.

Although the dash looks completely different, the speedo, fuel gauge and temp gauge look almost identical to the TX-TC-TD Gemini item - they even have the same layout.

If you've chanced across a deluxe-spec Galant (the one I found was a wagon!), you'll see a tacho that will match your TX's dials exactly. Do a little fabrication work and bingo!!!!! You've got yourself a factory tacho.

I have one in my car, and this Wednesday night, I'll put up a photo of it on my website

www.geocities.com/gemini_funky_70s

Note: A stock TX-TD tacho has a white needle, while the Galant's is orange. I kept mine orange though, for that sports look. Besides, who's gonna know?
purpleTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 4:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted dash with stock factory tacho Reply with quote

In the TE model you may find one but no more than 100 were fitted in Australia at a guess, including the CDT's so good luck!
smee
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted dash with stock factory tacho Reply with quote

I have one fitted to my TX, but it was a fluke find.
CJ Holden spares in Queanbeyan had come across it in a box of junk, and I walked in 10 minutes or so after he put it into the case. Not cheap at $150 cause he knew they were rare....
Import PF60 Geminis are the only ones I know of which may have had them.
These could also be optioned with vented front discs. Do you think I have been able to find one with this set up.....
Bluecoupe
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Wanted dash with stock factory tacho Reply with quote

Hey man
I have a smashed TD 78' Coupe that I'm selling
And the dash in it has a tacho i may consider selling the whole dash out of the car. How much you willing to pay
as these are pretty rare
cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: