HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

I have a gemmy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:44 am    Post subject: I have a gemmy Reply with quote

I have a Gemmy, gemmy, gemmy.
I gots a gemmy so tootle tootle doooooo.

Im happy coz dad and I just fixed the overheating problem (i hope-for now), replaced a welsh cap. new thermostat and stopped oil from leaking from behind the fan.

Didnt take long to do and im in a good mood now. YAY
plus it was twice as fun coz the welsh cap was behind the extractors which are weled to the car.
was hard...but fun.

A treat as always.
Jones

By the way id like to formally introduce myself.
Youse ---> Jones

But you can call me hotdog for short.
Jones or hotdog as the case may be
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a gemmy Reply with quote

how did you stop the oil leak.. as i have the same problem on my gem.....
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:18 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a gemmy Reply with quote

Cool, good to hear, Jones the Hotdog Wink

A useful mod, requiring buggerall dosh is tro take it to a decent exhaust mob and get them to put a flange in so you can remove the extractors.

So what are these 'Big Plans', eh?
Cheers
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: I have a gemmy Reply with quote

Well 'BYTE ME22' it depends where youre leaking oil from.
Well my oil leak was coming from the closet pully fanbelt thingto the ground. - You have the water pump pulley, the alternator pully and the other one. Well my leak was from the other one.

Anyways it was a shitty seal. the spring thing was fucked and needed to be replaced so oil didnt leak through.
To get to it, the radiator was taken off and there is a big bolt which is hard to take off...dad put the spanner on and then sat the spanner on the water pump pully i think and then he kicked the motor over so the spanner would turn and possibly knock the bolt loose...after a couple goes it did. Then the seal was taken out and another new seal was put in.
the raditor and motor needs to be flushed out to do this. This was good coz it needed to be flushed coz it was over heating.
Good luck man...bit of fun if u can do it to.

Big plans are alot of things...respray, and the maddest mags dumped to its balls and then maybe if its worth it a turbo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: