HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Hey Mooch!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CopBait
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:16 am    Post subject: Hey Mooch! Reply with quote

Hey mooch, i've got a question for ya...how much all up have u spent on your motor to get it to the stage it is? im talking performance wise, not including all of the stuff u have done to it like the flamed rocker cover and shit, just the mechanical side of things? Coz im trying to decide if im gonna go with a fully worked G161, G180, G200 or put in a stock 3.8 litre V6 out of my mates VN, i can get that motor and box for $650 with computer, i just cant make up my mind, thanks CYA
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:37 am    Post subject: Re: Hey Mooch! Reply with quote

the assembled motor cost me:

$1450 in machine work
$1170 in head work including repairs
$700 in things like cam, springs, chain, gaskets and pumps etc.
$450 in labor
$260 for carby & getting it rebuilt as well.

Also though, i spent about $600 buying the head and block, 220 getting the box rebuilt etc etc. This motor has been built properly. each piston was fly cut by hand etc and everything was cleaned and machined to perfection. All parts are new as well except for things like the crank. I have to say that i'm happy.
So thats a fair bit but with a block in better cond and a head in better cond. it'd be less.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: