HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WATER ON THE FLOOR?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:46 pm    Post subject: WATER ON THE FLOOR? Reply with quote

hello pplz,

i have a problem!! i keep gettin water on the place where the driver keeps his feet, always when i wash the car, it hapens, but i dunno were the water comes from?if anyone knows where it comes form, plz tell me. i have got sound dendener, and fixed the floor, so the water ain't no problem, but i just prefer it weren't there.

Chris.
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: WATER ON THE FLOOR? Reply with quote

prolly windscreen seals need replacing or re sealing. buy some windscreen sealant and get a windscreen guy to re seal it. but for a good job buy new windscreen seal from rarespares or spectrum rubber, www.rarespares.net.au www.spectrumrubber.com.au a new front seal will cost about $100 or a bit more i think. If u want another nasty suprise open the boot after u wash the car and look in the spare tyre well lol
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: WATER ON THE FLOOR? Reply with quote

mine leaked heaps from where the fan pushes air thru into the ventilation system

i took of the fan and heater box, cleaned all the shit out of it and used poly urethane waterproof sealer stuff around the edges and cut leaks but like 95%

still some tiny leaks but not enuff to hurt it bad
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 9:47 pm    Post subject: Re: WATER ON THE FLOOR? Reply with quote

Yeah, I'd definately put it down to being the heater box. And no matter how much you clean it and seal it... it will always leak!!! One of the many joys of owning a Gemini Smile
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: WATER ON THE FLOOR? Reply with quote

dude, i had this prob in my TX. After days of searching with my girlwith the hose & me inside the car i found it.
It was behind my drivers side kick panel. Behind it U will find a factory left hole with a peice of plastic covering it with a sealant. My piece of plastic had deteriorated to the point of tearing and hence let the water gush it's merry self into my cabin onto my nice carpet. So i got a peice of similar plastic sheeting from the local hardware store, and with a bit of water proof sealant, sealed it onto the hole - hey presto! no more leaks...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: