HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

updated

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:25 am    Post subject: updated Reply with quote

updated the webpage again. engine bay pics and extreme horsepower etc etc. www.geocities.com/mygemi

Adam
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 5:10 pm    Post subject: re: updated - mine too Reply with quote

Yo kids,

I'm still updating mine - have spun some yarns about my Gemini vans and the misadventures I had in them.

So far, I've managed to do a couple of pages of crap on my red Gemini panelvan - the one with the murals that is one of the first cars in the HotGemini gallery, and I've started on my blue panelvan, which was a frigging bastard of a car.

Yet to add any info about the BreadVan, but all good things come to those who wait.

Monaro Murder page has been especially successful - over 500 people have checked it out since I put it up a couple of weeks ago!

www.geocities.com/gemini_funky_70s

By the way, Mooch - nice shots of your engine!
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: updated Reply with quote

Hey Mooch, I like the graphics on the tappet cover. May I ask how this was done? Keep up the good work.

Sam
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 9:41 pm    Post subject: rocker cover graphics Reply with quote

well, 1st we drilled off the ignition lead holder tabs, welded the holes and filled all the spot welds. Then it got primed, hand rubbed etc etc.

The first colour we put on was the blue base. Once dry we masked up the silver flames using 1/8 fine line tape. Then we painted it in silver. Then it was the medium blue pearl flames that were masked, then finally the dark blue pearl. We rubbed it back with 600 to get rid of any build lines. Finally the hole rocker cover was painted in shimmering blue pearl and then cleared in 2k clear.

Took about 5hrs all up coz the hardest part was masking up the flames and getting the shaped right. They are more of a "graphic" flame than a tradishional flame.

Cheers
Adam
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: rocker cover graphics Reply with quote

Did you use any special kind of primer, filler, paint, taking into consideration the temperature that the rocker cover get's up to?

Thanks
Sam
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: rocker cover graphics Reply with quote

May I say, BLOODY FANTASTIC job! Whole car I mean. How often do you drive it? Must be a bitch to keep clean if it's daily! A credit to you!
Just for interest, there is now on the market a push in oil cap with a chrome top that we sell at work. Pretty sure it fits the Gem. If you like I'll measure it and get the part number.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 3:30 pm    Post subject: Re: rocker cover graphics Reply with quote

that'd be great about the oil cap! yeah it's driven daily, rain hail or shine. I give it a clean top to bottom, inside and out about once every two months, it takes a good weekend but it's better than watching tv. If i leave it too long it'd be a mammoth job.

No, we just used normal basecoat and 2k clear. The heat won't affect it. Hey, have u ever touched a car that's been in the sun all day on a 40 degree day? Get's pretty hot too. Just give it a good polish every now and then to keep it crisp.

Cheers fellas
Adam
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: rocker cover oil cap Reply with quote

DAMN!! Forgot the part no., sorry. Get it tomorrow.

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: