HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

windscreen sealing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 7:38 pm    Post subject: windscreen sealing Reply with quote

I am about to purchase new windscreen seals and and install them myself, i have a fair idea how to put them in and i am just wondering if neone can give me detailed installation and sealing instructions
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: windscreen sealing Reply with quote

mate, i had the front and rear 2 do, new seals n shit, and couldn't be fukt explaining, but it is a bitch 2 hide all the vinyl shit on the roof under the seal, and u have 2 use a string, ahh, ask someone else. ehehe. soz.
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: windscreen sealing Reply with quote

make sure your area around the windscreen is clean, no grease or oil
u get some sikaflex(silicone) run a small bead around the inside of the sealthen put the seal on the windscreen. next u get some string approx 4 meters long, wrap it arond the seal following the gap, making sure it crosses over once and meets together the second time(preferable finnishing at the bottem in the middle, then place a small bead of silicone in the out side gap of the seal, then place the window on the car and slide the bottem of the seal on the car. next step is prefferable with 2 ppl
slowly pull the string out (thus pulling the seal over the car) while the other person pushes the window firmly into place,
let any silicone that has oozed out dry then cut it off with a stanley knife, also add more silicone as needed
hope that helps
sorry its so hard to understand
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: