HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Mystery hose..........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: Mystery hose.......... Reply with quote

On the front of the inlet manifold there are two rubber hoses coming off, the left one goes up to the carby, but where does the right one go? I only ask because when i was trying to find out what's wrong with my car I noticed that the right hose was simply hanging there, so where is it supposed to go? I can't see anywhere for it. I looked on the engine from my old TG and it goes to a plug that doesn't exist on the TE ( btw- TG is manual, TE is auto). I'm assuming it's used for something with the auto box but where does it go?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Mystery hose.......... Reply with quote

On the very front of the manifold there should be a brass fitting with two vaccumm line connections, one goes to the carby, and the other goes to the vacuum advance canister on the distributor.

The brass fitting is sensing the temperature of the water in the inlet manifold and opens after a set temperature, allowing vacuum advance, as reatrded ignition timing must allow the engine to warm up quicker, or reduce emissions, etc.

Its a pollution feature anyway.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: