HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Neon Lights?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:12 pm    Post subject: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

Anyone seen the movie 'the fast and the furious'?
Most of the cars, have a bright neon glow coming out from underneath them at night time. Does anyone know where i could buy a set of these from?

Cheers,
Sam
Croatstyles
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

u can get the c omplet kit from www.carmate.com.au
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

Just thought I should let you know that they are illegal on the road in QLD and prolly other states...
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2002 10:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

rice...
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

get em from auto barn. screw them on and wire em up. piece off piss. i have blue and green ones under my gem. i was suprised when i saw them on the fast and furious movie!! heheh the took my idea......lol
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

"Anyone seen the movie 'the fast and the furious'?"
No ! you did not just ask a dumb question like that !! : o )
I think obsessed is the word for me - 6 times at the movies and 6 since it's been out on video/DVD.
I think i just may need professional help... : o )
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? autObarn! Reply with quote

Yeah we're about to release a new neon kit especially for under the car. They're waterproof and shock resistant. Kit will consist of two long ones for under the sills, and two shorter ones for the front and rear.
It IS illegal to have them switched on while driving in most, if not all states.

Yonnee.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:10 am    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? autObarn! Reply with quote

A mate of mine got done for having blue neons on in and around his civic. The cop was a little leniant on him and left him with just one defect notice for $240. But gave him a lecture for about half an hour on why he couldn't have them and that he could be charged with impersonating a police officer. My mate cracked me up when he asked the cop if he could just get another ticket for the offence so he'd let us go and stop lecturing him. : o )
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

I'm clearly the only person here who thinks that neons are gay.

I'm more of a Street Machiner than a Rice Boy I guess.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: old scool Reply with quote

i'll second that! but if u gotta put lights on ur car just to get people to look at it, well.........
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: old scool Reply with quote

i'll second that! but if u gotta put lights on ur car just to get people to look at it, well.........
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:31 am    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

I personally detest neons on anything made pre '92. But i'm still glad to encourage and help someone else fit them if thats what they want. I still haven't seen a Gem with neons, and even though i probably wont like it, i'd still like to at least see what it looks like in case i might like it.
The car scene here on the Gold Coast is extremely diverse, so you kinda get used to (and sometimes even like) seeing weird and wonderful mods done to everything from an Gemini or Datto 1200 to a GTR Skyline or an S2000.
If you are anywhere near the Coast, the drop by the Broadwater car-park on Fri. or Sat. night. After the first couple of weeks you kinda get used to seeing just about everything you never thought you would. Friendly people too,
Street machiners mixing it with the rice boys and vice-versa.
Cheers,
Jasyn...
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

I third and fourth this!
A nice car will attract attention to itself (Mooch), however a nice 20s/30s rod with an eerie glow at shows is something to behold.

The trend is spreading around my area now (in the country, these things take time) for stupid little multicoloured spots. I have even seen a VR Commodore with lights on/near the windscreen wipers and bonnet mounted gauges.

That's another thing I see no point in, gauges mounted in stupid positions. That's what the dash binnacle is for. If you can't fit it in there, it ain't worth having, that goes double for tachos. If you can't hear/sense what your engine is doing and need a 10" reminder you got problems....

Cheers Smile
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 12:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

The movie was crap and neon lights are also crap.
The movie reminds me of the remake of Gone in 60 Seconds, although Gone in 60 wasn't *that* bad. If you have seen the original and can get past the poor acting, the vehicle action is second to none.

Neon lights remind me of these poor computer nerds I know, continuing the trend of open sided computer cases with all kinds of lights and strobes going on. Crap! I don't really care to see what is inside my computer case, as long as it does what I want I am happy. What's so special about PCBs chips and fans anyway?

I have already ranted about neon lights on cars somewhere else Smile
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Neon Lights? Reply with quote

Agreed.. But give me a list of movies where the (modern) cars are the stars...

I could watch the movie in silence and it would be entertaining..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: