HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

HELP?!?!?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Westy
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 10:58 pm    Post subject: HELP?!?!?! Reply with quote

hey guys ive been having the same problem now but its finnaly F**ked up, under the diff and the tail shaft there is a bracket holding it up the bolts keep coming out and the whole fricken tail shaft drops onto the handbrake cable and make some freaky noises its happend 3 times but the last time has complitly rooted it the thread is complitly stripped inside the chasey is this a regular gemini problem or is it a one off? if anyone can think of a way to fix it or somewhere that would fix it can u let me know its un drivable at the moment ive got my jack wedged inbetween my 2 exahusts at the moment but it still clunks around and shit let us know if u can think of anything ill be F**ked if i can
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP?!?!?! Reply with quote

Is it your centre bearing your having probs with? It kinda sounds like it, you may need to take it to a workshop to get the bolt holes re-threaded with a tap & die set and fit larger bolts. Kinda hard to know without looking, hopefully someone else will be of more help on here...
Jasyn...
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP?!?!?! Reply with quote

dunno i havent done that but i have thrown tailshaft bolts
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: HELP?!?!?! Reply with quote

Sound like your torque tube mounts to the floor, should be 2x 15mm head bolts. one answer would be to pull the back seat out just the bottom and you can just, only just get to the other end of the bolts. So you can put nuts on the other end of the bolts. you may need longer bolts and while you are buying some get some nylock nuts, they will not come loose,

I hope this helps,

Cheers
Westy
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: HELP?!?!?! Reply with quote

thats all good but its a panelvan i cant get to the other side :/
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: HELP?!?!?! Reply with quote

I've thrown a few tailshaft bolts over the years, it has made me totally paranoid, new tailshaft bolts every time I mess with it, and drown them in locktite.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: