HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Tyres Scrubbing!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CopBait
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Tyres Scrubbing! Reply with quote

I got some new mags last week, they r cragars (14x6) and they had 4 brand new tyres, i though fuck'in oath i'll have em, but i got them home and slapped em on, no worries, until i went to move it, they have 195/75s on em and first bump whilst turning equaled rooted right hand gaurd, pumped the bastard right out but not in a good way, normally everyone would say just raise your car but im one of those people who has to have every car on its gutz, so does anyone with a decent ride height wanna buy em? the tyres are still brand new, have been driven on for about 15 metres and it is parked where i left it cause i cant turn corners, im after about $600, u might think that is expensive but look at it this way, the tyres are goodyear G-Grids which are about $129 a hoop, so x4 is about $476 and the wheels are thrown in for next to nothing, i would also be interested in a trade. cya
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Tyres Scrubbing! Reply with quote

the profile on your tyre is way too high.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:14 am    Post subject: Re: Tyres Scrubbing! Reply with quote

WAY TO HIGH
mate try fitting some 60's or 65's and you will have no probs...plus your rubber wont look like tractor tires

i have 14" wheels with 195/60's and they are fine

NeWaZ
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyres Scrubbing! Reply with quote

go a 60 series profile mate.
greg
CopBait
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 11:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Tyres Scrubbing! Reply with quote

Yeah thats all good and well boyz, i would if i could, but i have forked out the money for the wheels and tyres, so i have to some how get a decent price for these new tyres to get 60's, who pays decent $$$ for second hand tyres even if they have never been driven on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: