HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
serbpride
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:38 pm    Post subject: engine Reply with quote

ok i am still wondering wot engine 2 put into my tf gemi, i woz thikin either a 2 litre piazza , how much wuld it cost 2 get tht fitted in brakes already dun and thatz, or wuld it b betta 2 go 4 a ca18det or a sr20det??, plz i need help cus i want the bets out of my gemi
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: engine Reply with quote

This is only my opinion, but I would go for the piazza turbo becase of the fact they are so easy to install compared to the sr20 and other nissan motors. The Nissan motors go really well, but with the money you spend installing them, you can get alot more out of your piazza.
The bad thing about piazza motors are, the computers are not able to be reprogrammed so you will have to spend $$$ for an aftermarket computer. You will still end up spending less than installing a nissan motor.
All up installed:
Motor - $1500
Computer - $1600 (installed)
surge tank, fuel pumps and lines - $250
Rodeo flywheel - $200
approx prices.
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: engine Reply with quote

That's what I'm thinking about. You get the brakes with a half cut too. As far as I know, in victoria anyway, to get a 4ZC1-T engineered, all you need is piazza front brakes, cat converter and unleaded fuel filler neck.

If you run the standard computer etc it looks as though you could have it all done for the price of just a nissan engine alone. Then if you have some more to spend, upgrade computer, turbo, bOOst etc...Better value for money than a nissan conversion, as good as that would be though.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 9:05 pm    Post subject: not even Reply with quote

$2500 for the sr20det. install it yaself. if u can weld its a piece of piss. use the standard computer. intercooler phat exhorst.
i recon in and running for no more than $4500. and have fuck loads of balls. and less chance of breking
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: WTF? Filler neck??? Reply with quote

wtf is this about changing the fuel filler neck for unleaded fuel???? I run premium unleaded fuel every day... Oh wait, you talking about that spring loaded thing inside the newer cars's filler necks? ???
??

Ta Josh
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: engine Reply with quote

Basically, for a piazza conversion, you will need the cat converter and ULP filler neck restrictor, good engine mounts, thats about it. A brake upgrade is not required.

To pass the emission requirements, you either need to run the standard computer, an aftermarket one and get a full emissions test, or get it tuned by a workshop who can declare that their mapping passes the emission requirements of the vehicle that the engine was originally fitted to.

Ben Wight
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: not even Reply with quote

about 205 hp. You'll get that with an aftermarket EFI with the Piazza.

And if it's a piece of piss Gene, how come your asking in another thread about how to get the hydraulic clutch working? And why do you think the sr20 has less chance of breaking than the Piazza?
psi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 10:47 am    Post subject: Re: not even Reply with quote

So you can get 205 hp out of the motor with an aftermarket computer (and basic mods like exhaust and airfilter)... hows that... any other mods or just wind the boost up and tune it?
The SR20 have a huge advantage with having a (almost) bulletproof gearbox, and more potential for more power. I think thats wat gene means.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: