HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Turbo Dump pipe flanges

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 1:45 pm    Post subject: Turbo Dump pipe flanges Reply with quote

I finally bought a turbo for my gemi. GT28 450hp. I need a new flange for my dump pipe. Does anyone know if there is a place that sells them, or who I can get one made up by. No one knows anyone in canberra that does it so I have to go else where.

Ben Wight if you read this, what size AR's does your turbo have?
FJ2047
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Dump pipe flanges Reply with quote

hey loz how's it going?

just trace one up and cut it out yourself. Alternatively go to an exhaust joint that could probably make one for you.

cheers

jordan
SLeeKGreeK
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 7:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Dump pipe flanges Reply with quote

hey loz not that i can help u but that turbo u bought how much did it set u back and what engine u got it on?
cheers
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: Turbo Dump pipe flanges Reply with quote

Hey Loz, nice turbo!

My T3 has got a 0.63 AR exhaust housing, but I dont know what the AR of the compressor is, I do know that it is a 60 series, as can be found on the turbonetics compressor flow maps. Standard VL turbo unit.

You can either talk to the place you got the turbo from for a flange, or at the very least, get some specs on what size and dimensions the flange must be, and then go to a laser cutting place and get one made, then to an exhaust shop and get it fitted up.

Ben Wight
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Turbo Dump pipe flanges Reply with quote

Got it for $1300 all up. It was on a car for less than 1000km's. I had to buy a new actuator though. I got a garrett, 10psi adjustable one. Can be adjusted from about 5psi to about 18psi. No need for a bleed valve now.
Its going on a G161 with injection etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: