HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Quickest 2L Piazza Turbo Engine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:04 am    Post subject: Quickest 2L Piazza Turbo Engine? Reply with quote

Hey all,

Whats the fastest 2L Piazza turbo engine you have seen?

Im looking at building one and want to know how many kw's I could get out of one of these engines.

Ive seen chiptorque's gemini run a 10.5 quater mile and do 370 rear wheel hp on the dyno but thats a 2.6L would the Piazza 2L be able to output numbers like that?

Thanks in advance!

Simon
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Quickest 2L Piazza Turbo Engine? Reply with quote

i know of a chap in sydney who 'claims' to have got 300+hp out of a piazza motor in a gem. he reckons that the thing that surprised him the most was how strong the standard head was at dealing with all that. he built the bottom end real beefy, and left the head stock, and was running a claimed 35+pound boost through it. can get u more info on it if your interested? mail me at: funkigem@hotmail.com
and i'll give u some more info on his setup.
cheers, greg
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Re: Quickest 2L Piazza Turbo Engine? Reply with quote

Ive been in the quickest in Australia.. so he claims (and I believe him)220kw's at the wheels
YBA-13B are the number plates (before u go thats a rotor read the plate again.. still dont get it? again!)
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: Quickest 2L Piazza Turbo Engine? Reply with quote

Nice plates and thats 1 quick car Smile
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: Quickest 2L Piazza Turbo Engine? Reply with quote

Whos is that? What colour is it? I wanna race him!!
sime
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Quickest 2L Piazza Turbo Engine? Reply with quote

What car have you got loz? Give me hte details Smile

Cheers

Simon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: