HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Tuning EFI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Tuning EFI Reply with quote

it seems like you have to write in caps with lots of !~@#$%#^^&*( to get a reply these days...

but anyways

how tunable is an EFI system? i mean, i got the exhorst and the guy said it might be an idea to get it tuned.. but i thort efi systems were pretty untunable without programmable management?

can anything be done to it?
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning EFI Reply with quote

It depends on the computer you run as to how tunable it is. Some only require a piggy-back module, where-as others can be rewritten but only to an extent. Talk to a rep from Chiptorque or a similar company to see what options you have. Some of these tuners offer already re-written chips on an exchange basis.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning EFI Reply with quote

pfft my chances of getting any info on the computer i have are about a million to 1

"its all written in japanese" they the tuners wont be able to tune it unless they too are japanse

its programmable management or bust me thinks
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2002 11:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning EFI Reply with quote

Hi Martin, I think it is time to fit an aftermarket ecu. It would be a waste of time trying to modify the factory unit.If youwant to do it on the cheap fit a Holden (Delco) system then most places can program it. Can you tell me where the pics of your car are I saw them ages ago on the web but cant remember where or e-mail me some for my site.
Gem
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 11:52 am    Post subject: Re: Tuning EFI Reply with quote

there are old pics in the stock section of this site

its like third row down the white one with the black bits all over it

delco ecu? could you please tell me bit more about them and/or where to find them etc etc?
cheers
Birko
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 5:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning EFI Reply with quote

gday,
to get a delco (GM) computer just find a wrecked astra, camira, or commodore. Then when u find one grab all the sensors you can find (or maybe your existing ones can be used??? ). then go to a workshop that is a authorised kalmaker software installer. This software enables every aspect of the computer to be changed on the dyno. The computers can be picked up for as low as $50, but the tuning should cost about $600. hope this helps.
gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Tuning EFI Reply with quote

Exactly what I was thinking about but I could not remember the Kalmaker name last night. My spare gemini race car had a delco computer with a stock 2.0lt mem cal and it made 120hp at the back wheels on a 1.8lt twin cam. I later bought a Haltech E6GM that plugged straight in and did not get any more power(what a waste of $1200)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: