HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Just Thinkin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 8:33 pm    Post subject: Just Thinkin Reply with quote

I know people dont like free air subs, but i got 2 10 inch subs for my parcel shelf, and i was thinkin. if i had 4 in the shelf. would it be too powerful and shatter the rear windscreen, and make the rear of the car unbolt and fall apart. or somethin to that effect. just wonderin. i only want 2. but interested.
thanx.
Andrew65
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2002 10:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Just Thinkin Reply with quote

be very carefull,i was talking to the guys at ***** about the rear shelf and it seems you can get into deep poo if you lose the baby seat holes.
just something else to think about,not an answer.
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:07 am    Post subject: Re: Just Thinkin(answers please) Reply with quote

thanks andrew. thank god i am only thinkin. why do you need them when if dont have any babies. i need answers, if it will break the car up and stuff like that still. Caus if i do it, i dont wanna get down the road and smasshhh. glass everywhere.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:20 am    Post subject: Re: Just Thinkin(answers please) Reply with quote

front and rear windscreens are pretty tough, try getting the fukrs out and youll realise they dont break easily.

ive seen (at autosalon) a gti with 6 10" subs in a piece of ply spanning from the ground to the roof in the boot and its back window didnt smash, so i doubt 4 will. i do know itd sound pretty sick but.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: !!!!THE ANSWER!!!! Reply with quote

u can only cut out 10% of the rear parcel shelf. anymore and the car is struckturaly not roadworthy and will cost ya allot to get fixed when its defected.
i had 2 15's in my boot and it use to vibrate the latch loose and i would always have to stop and shut the boot.! hehehe
gene
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 1:20 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!THE ANSWER!!!! Reply with quote

damn. that makes you wonder. whos gonna know beside me. but i guess it would look suspicious if there was 4 little sub covers pokin their face out.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!THE ANSWER!!!! Reply with quote

farken
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 6:29 pm    Post subject: Correction Reply with quote

correction on that...

Parcel shelf is structural.. any cutting is instantly defectable.

Todd
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: !!!!THE ANSWER!!!! Reply with quote

what the fark.... i'm gonna do it anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: