HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Exhaust+Extractors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fromfy
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:33 am    Post subject: Exhaust+Extractors Reply with quote

Hey guys, I am looking to get an exhaust system and some extractors for my stock 1600 TE...would I get much out of this operation?

Thanks guys!!!

Fromfy
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust+Extractors Reply with quote

rev through easier, like to 5500 heaps smoother. you will definately notice the difference. if you havent already done soi buy a ram flo (or simmilar) the same day and put that on before you drive iot away from the exhaust shop then you will really feel the difference.
TG 1985
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust+Extractors Reply with quote

yea, i'm thinking of doing the same thing, i got a bored, 1600, just the main guts of it have been re-done, and i am thinking of doing the exhaust+extractor bit.

just the thing is don't want it too loud, and don't know about wot sizes n shit like that 2 get.

how much will i it cost me if i do the job myself, and is it a simple bolt off the one one, and screw on the new one?

also, wot is a ram flo?

thanx. chris.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust+Extractors Reply with quote

well a increase of about 10% should be found depending on how old the motor is but about 2 inch systrem is recommended
The ram flo is a aftermarket filter just go to the auto shop and ask for a sports filter for your gem.

If it has a holley/weber then it wont bve hard to get a after market air filter
TimD
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Exhaust+Extractors Reply with quote

It is a straight bolt up job, swap one with the other, but getting the bend over the diff is a real bitch. Im doing it while im replacing the shocks and springs in the ass end so i can get at it easier, really dont want to have to cut the thing up. Just cant seem to get it over there.
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Re: Exhaust+Extractors Reply with quote

are there ram-flo filters to fit the stock nikki carb?? i've seen many weber ramflo's but nothin for the stock gemini carb??

any ideas?

cheers
NeWaZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: