HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

electrics- batteries and alternators = HELP!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: electrics- batteries and alternators = HELP!!! Reply with quote

ok, my tg gem has been breaking down recently, it runs fine all day and then when i go drivin at night with headlights and stuff on then i can't start it again, last time the battery went flat i tested it and charged it and now it is completely flat again,
my batttery gets so drained my headlights go really dull when i'm drivin along, and my blinkers were takin ages to flash!
it broke down 3 times last night and my mate helped me jump start it, but it can't even idle coz it conks out,so i got to rev it heaps to keep it going
i think what happened is that early on in the night i tried to catch up to a mate in a celica we drove past, and reved it heaps and i think thats when my alternator finally decided to die...

so after reading my long post...
WHATS WRONG- with the idling and dieing,??? is it just the battery flat? should i go get a new alternator? what alternators are better than standard tg alts??? i heard about rx 7 alternators ..... AND FINALLY HOW MUCH SHOULD I EXPECT TO PAY FOR A NEW ALTERNATOR???

THANKS HEAPS
Adrian
P.S i got a new battery waitin to go in, and my headlights are 90/100w ones i think thats y my battery drains quick....
any help....anybody!!!!
redgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Re: electrics- batteries and alternators = HELP!!! Reply with quote

where can i get a new alternator/upgrade/reco from in sydney -parra area??? would it be better to get the gemi one upgraded like it says in the workshop, instead of buying a rx7 one?
thanks
Adrian
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2002 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: electrics- batteries and alternators = HELP!!! Reply with quote

in case u hadnt already figured it out

its most likely your alternator not charging your battery properly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: