HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

pearl paints

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:06 pm    Post subject: pearl paints Reply with quote

Can you get pearl paint in acrylic or does it only come in 2pac?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: pearl paints Reply with quote

yeah u can, mine was blue with vilot pearl
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:11 pm    Post subject: Re: pearl paints Reply with quote

Is it hard to work with - or did you get someone else to spray your car??
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: pearl paints Reply with quote

some one else did it, but i had the pearl mixed in or some shit like that, ( put the blue on and the violet came with it) get it?? it is the same as normal acrilic
gene
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: pearl paints Reply with quote

The golden rule of pearl paint, is spray it in one long evn pass the complete length of the panel. No stop starting midway like you can with say metallic.
buy extra paint, and practice on a dummy mudguard sized panel till you get it right. Ive seen some crappy pearl jobs because people didnt do this, and think they could spary it on like like ordinary paint.
hardcoregemfreak
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 9:46 pm    Post subject: Re: pearl paints Reply with quote

when u have a pearl mixed into ur paint it acts as a tinter which changes the colour of ur paint slightly, to have a pearl really stand out u have to have a few coats flowed over the whole car after the solid colour of the car is done then sanded again, and the best way would be to either paint ur car in either 2 pac or base coats, i haven't really worked with acrylic so i dont really know much about it, but if i were doing it (and i am) i would put down a 2pac solid colour then if u want airbrushing or somethin sand teh whole car with about 1500 grit (dry) or 2000 (wet) then do the graphics then apply your pearl in a base coat then when that is totally dry put a 2 pac clear over that, she'll set rock hard, and scrathes can be buffed out, plus the airbrushing also has the pearl effect over it and the pearl really stands out. looks awsome. oh yea and alan had it right u dont spray it panel by panel spray the side of the car in one go (whats know as the walk) so then it all looks the same, its the same a camelion u cant spray it panel by panel other wise it looks different! and your car looks like shit n u just wasted a shit load of money!
alan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Re: pearl paints Reply with quote

Sorry wouldnt agree with that at all. You can spray it panel by panel, the point is not to stop midway in a panel. If you paint the mudguard one week, then do the door next week, and it looks diffrent, then there something really inconsistent with your spraying technique.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: