HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Whining noises.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Whining noises. Reply with quote

After cruising to Victor, I went to Pt Pirie and back, as I was leaving Pt. Pirie, my car was whining constantly. It was fine on idle, but as soon as it moves it makes a wierd whine sound. I cant tell where the sound is coming from, but I was thinking maybe the gearbox is shagged or the diff is fucked. Anyone can help?

Cheers,
Pavlos.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Whining noises. Reply with quote

Diff most likely mate
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Whining noises. Reply with quote

Figures. It was making a bit of a grinding noise taking off at the cruise...

Pavlos.
TGemi1
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Whining noises. Reply with quote

hey pavlos , i got those camiras here, the 1ones that where on my red gem on the cruise, 2 90% tread retreads, one just legal retead and one just legal radial. u can have them and i'll take your 13in no name 5 spokers plus around 100ish maybe cause i gotta get sum tryes 4 the 2 that dont have any. TGfanatic@homtail.com

post back here wit your thoughts

chris...
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: Whining noises. Reply with quote

I will let you know soon, as I get paid fuck all fortnightly, or until I sell my chromed speedys. The wheels that werent on the car, one has just legal tread and the other is a goodyear eagle with 70% tread but is flat. Im gonna go and pump it up tomorrow to see if it is still ok. I am still interested though.

Pavlos.
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:48 pm    Post subject: Still making whining noises. Reply with quote

The car doing it slightly on idle now. The sound is coming from the engine bay, from the exhaust manifold side I think from the back.

Cheers,
Pavlos.
RiCE BOi
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Still making whining noises. Reply with quote

Exhaust manifold side ??? WTF ??? Small chance it's a gearbox whine resonating into the engine bay.
But, just for a laugh grab a fan-belt from Super Cheap for like $10, remove the old, fit the new and see what happens.
You wouldn't beleive how many people have rocked up at my work looking concerned that their car is dieing, turns out they have a fan belt whine. hehehe, sometimes it's the smallest things.
Frederick Stienheld
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Still making whining noises. Reply with quote

Also could be alternator Wink
Pavlos
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Still making whining noises. Reply with quote

Fan belt is new.
Alternator..I had alternator trouble before, sounded like the bearings(?) went but it went away. It comes and goes on idle but is always there when I drive it. I was told by an auto sparky that the alternator is charging fine, but I am experiencing a slight voltage drop and I think the alternator is the cause. Cheers for the help fellas.

Pavlos.
ge_mini

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Still making whining noises. Reply with quote

does it do it when you put the clutch in if not then its prob the throughout brearining on your clutch
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: