HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Identifying head type

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greg
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Identifying head type Reply with quote

Ok, first up I have been doing some searches but have found only conflicting information. I've just got my G180 motor back from the workshop (full rebuild) however they have used an exchange head on it. I sent it away with a G180 head (large valves, polution holes) however I'm not sure what they put on it. It has the isuzu symbol on the front which indicates small valves, however it has no pollution controls on it.

What I'd like to know is a) is it a big valve head and b) is it a 1800 or 1600 head?

Cheers
Greg
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying head type Reply with quote

it is a TE head the worst designed of them all lol, just cause it has symbol on front doesnt mean it has small valves, tg air pollution heads have same valves as the early tx head. i could tell u about every head and what diff are but im sick of repeating it over and over sorry
Thirsty
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 7:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying head type Reply with quote

Oh Dear,
What a problem it is when everyone wants your information and you are too lazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thirsty
tx1975
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying head type Reply with quote

everything has been said b4 and could be found in a search, need to make up a page that explains the differces in heads and blocks ect cause it comes up in the forum every blood week
ByteMe22
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying head type Reply with quote

you could a: (and preferable) put it in a post in the r&d section....that is the sort of thing that is supposed to go in there or

B: write it up in an e-mail and send it to joe or adam to put in the workshop under engines... Or

c: put it in the r&d and try to get adam or joe to put a copy in the workshop aswell....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: