HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

front springs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2lowbluegem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:24 am    Post subject: front springs Reply with quote

me and a mate tried to take the springs out of my old te sedan as they were lowered kings but we had a lot of trouble doing it, are they as easy to take out, or have we just done it the hard way.

we eventually just rolled the gemi and cut them out, as the car was headed for the wreckers any wayz.

we thought that it might be easier to take it to a suspension place to get done but i dont want a huge cost, as i guess they will charge a fair bit

sorry about the long post

any help much appreciated
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

get a huge pipe and shove it on the lower control arm and jump on it and duck and cover fast
Reddez
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

Spring compressors??? Whatdya think theyre for??? Even at a bodgier level wrap wire around them when theyre compressed and then raise the car, theyd basically fall out...
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

its more fun wit a pipe, but if your boring and poor and dont have spring compressors do as reddez says and tie em wit wire. make sure its good thick wire and u tie in about 3 places or theres a good chance that u will have no eyes
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

hahah i read a story about a dude doing the wire thing.

he posted something like this

"dont do the wire trick when compressing ya springs. i was changing my springs like this and all i can remeber was slowly taking the wired up spring out then nothing, and waking up with a broken jaw and the spring stuck in the plaster board ceiling"
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

LMAO well i didnt recommend it but i said you could do it, spring compressors cheap easy and a fucken heap safer...
Wagonslut
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

tie a rope to ur spring and pull
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:48 pm    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

i do the bar thing like yobbo was talking about. i protct my face with the front 1/4 (lean over the bonnet and jump Very Happy haahhaha
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:48 pm    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

get a mate to help you, tie a rope around the spring, get him to pull on the rope, be sure to stick your head under the guard while he/she is pulling the rope to make sure the spring comes out the right way...
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:14 am    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

yeah teh first time i did it i put a huge piece of wood on the side of me car and tied a piece of rope to the spring so that the spring would fly around and hit the piece of wood and not anything else

c u gotta think smart
PinkBitz
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

so u do have brains??????

lol
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:19 am    Post subject: Re: front springs Reply with quote

yes i do have a dick..... i mean brains hahhaha
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: