HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Engineering turbos?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 1:24 pm    Post subject: Engineering turbos? Reply with quote

Any of u guys out there in melb that are doing a turbo conversion or has done a turbo conversion how much trouble is it to get a engineering certificate? Are they hard to get? What price range are they usually in for a full turbo conversion on say a G series engine injected. I know most guys ask about how to go about this stuff without thinkin about the important bits so i just wanna consider this fact b4 i even try and do it to my engine.
thanx guys
appreciate the info.
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2003 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Engineering turbos? Reply with quote

Costs:

Upgrade brakes
EPA tests if using Petrol
Engineering check
Brake test
Standard roadworth tests

Have a chat to Ben wright he works in this field.
below is an email from Ben on this topic.

The basic engine/suspension conversion cost is about $400, put on top of that a brake test, about $150, if you budgeted around $600, you'd be alright.

As far as emmisions go though, your're running stright gas right? If so, I dont think you need to do an emmisions test for ADR 27 compliance, I cant remember all the bloody rules. If on petrol, then you're in trouble. Another $600 or so for emmisions test.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: