HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Radiator Upgrades

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
td_wagon
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Radiator Upgrades Reply with quote

Looks like I'm going to have to upgrade my radiator before the summer as my fairly worked 1800 gets a little hot in traffic.

I've installed a thermo and that keeps it at a reasonable level but I still think a bigger capacity radiator would do a heap of good.

I've done a search and found a few different methods

- Theres the celica ra40 radiator that apparently bolts in.

- VK Commodore radiator with modified inlet and outlet pipes

- Recore'd Gemini radiator to a 3 or 4 core system.

- Torana radiators that apparently fit right in.

I can get the work done at trade price so price isnt a huge factor. Im asking those who have done it, what offers the best cooling efficiency and what is the most straight forward to do. I will be getting a radiator shop to do the work so if some customisation is needed its not a problem.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 5:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Radiator Upgrades Reply with quote

Can't speak for the rest, but I did the TA torana when I had my first Gemini 12 years ago. The 4 cyl TA had the outlets on the correct side, and the core was as wide as the opening in the front of the radiator support panel, whereas the Gemini radiator core is about 100mm narrower.
I currently have a KB Rodeo whos radiator bolts directly onto the Gemini mounting holes and the outlet are in exactly the same spot as the Gemini (funny that being the same motor...), but the core is as wide as the opening in the Gem.

Hope this helps,

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: