HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Soliniod on 34ADM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:27 am    Post subject: Soliniod on 34ADM Reply with quote

Yeah I just got another 34ADM for spare parts and it has an electrical soliniod on the bottom of it. Is it the fuel cut off soliniod or what?
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Soliniod on 34ADM Reply with quote

Yes, Yes it is. It stops its part of an emission control system. It stops dieselling and draw through on CTD.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Soliniod on 34ADM Soooo Reply with quote

So should I wire it up or not? Whats it's main purpose? are you the one who had to fit this soliniod to stop your engine running on?
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Soliniod on 34ADM Soooo Reply with quote

I am also running a 34ADM and have connected the wire from the solenoid to the +ve on my coil. It basically stops the engine from running on after you have switched it off.

cheers
mooch
HOP_A_LONG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Soliniod on 34ADM Soooo Reply with quote

No Im not that guy. But do connect up the solenoid because (i wont go into tremendous detail unless you ask) it mainly stops fuel being drawn into the motor at the wrong times. Thats as laymans as it gets.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: